Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Some of These Photos Are From a Paris Vacation to Cheer You Up

Man Refusing to Paint; Brian Kershisnik, 1988

OK.
So I was working at a friend's house. (I love working with this friend. We get together and write. It's groovy. Like the best of my university-library memories. We are industrious and only talk about Very Important Things. Then we eat lunch.) She, like myself, has become suddenly routerless and is internet challenged. No problem, I said. I'll work in Word and paste it in.
And I did. For two hours. Two. Hours. I forged a stupid post for this stupid blog even though I had nothing to say that anyone in their right mind could possibly want to read. I also wrote to Noah. In Word.
OK.
I came home and dutifully copied and pasted up the letter to Noah and off it went to Hong Kong or wherever in the ether those things go.
Then. I didn't put the new post my blog.
I checked my e mail. Hey, it's got to be done.
Checked Facebook. Everyone seems to be fine.

Finally signed in here.
Read the blogs to which I have committed. Y'all are great.
Could no longer avoid the posting.
Select all.
Copy.
(save? no, thanks, it'll be on my blog, no need for it to be there, too)

Paste.
Paste.

So, here's the thing. I really didn't like that post anyway. But two hours!
I had to go eat chocolate.

Paste.
Paste.

Noah's photos.

5 comments:

  1. On a side note/note on the side: Omnivore's Dilemna is a fantastic book. Joel Salatin is one of my heroes as is Michael Pollan. Salatin embodies the potential for the political left and right to merge as he is a small-government Ron Paul type who champions environmental stewardship for Jesus and common sense. Good stuff. The film "Food Inc." is the movie version. Streams on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and I am enjoying the book. And suddenly trying to studiously avoid corn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why are you so funny? i am cheered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The empty O of sky (A view from an oubliette?) is too perfect as an image of the disappearing post!

    Me, too, with the corn-thing (it's everywhere!) But Omnivore's Dilemma: so very good. Also, Real Food: What to Eat and Why, by Nina Planck. And less vehemently and more broadly commensensical: The Gospel of Food: everything you think you know about food is wrong by Barry Glasner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post has gone to be with all of your lost socks.

    At least you haven't lost your humor. I love it.

    ReplyDelete